These trendy bite-sized sweet treats on a stick have been popping up on dessert tables across the nation. They make a great afternoon treat, perfect for your kid’s birthday party, for your next corporate event, or even your wedding.
Although word is still out on who put the first cake ball on a stick, no one can argue that it was baker blogger Bakerella who took them to a whole other level! Her creativity and artistry had everyone sharing, pinning, and posting pictures of her beautiful cake pops across the web and across the world. The good news is you don’t actually have to be a master baker to whip up these treats yourself!
The secret recipe:
- Choose your cupcakes. Pick your favourite flavour, anything goes!
- Roll into balls. Scrape off the icing, and leave to the side. Squish the cupcakes in your hands and roll into tight balls.
- Stick them in the fridge or freezer. Best to let them chill and harden a bit before icing.
- Pop a stick in it. Stick lollipop sticks into your chilled cake balls.
- Ice your pops. Roll your cake pop into the icing that you saved from your cupcake. Stir up the icing to soften it – it works best when the icing is at room temperature.
Tips + tricks:
- Take your cake pops to the next level with sprinkles, swirls, and decorative designs. Find tons of inspiration on Pinterest!
Mix it Up is a series we created to share new and creative ways to enjoy our sinfully delicious sweets! Take a picture of the cake pops you make with our cupcakes, and post and tag us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest so we can see your delicious creations, try them ourselves, and share with others too.